5/4/09

Interview with my grandmother / Andrea Santos

My grandparents' leisure activities were very different from our leisure activities nowadays.
My grandparents didn’t have the same time for leisure activities as us, because in the past they had to work during the week and they hadn’t got so much toys as us.
I interviewed my grandmother.

Interview:

Did you have much free time when you were about my age?
--No, I hadn’t

Why?
--Because when I was the same age as you, I had to work hard to help my family because we lived in the country and we had got cows, sheep…The only day I had got free time was on Sundays evenings.

Did you use to spend your free time on your own or with other people?
--No, with other people. We used to walk on Sunday evenings and some times when we took the cows to the meadows, we tried that another friends come to the same place and then we could play games as: “hide-and-seek”, running…

What were your hobbies?
--My hobbies were sewing, knitting, talking to my friends and dancing.

Did other youngsters enjoy doing the same things?
--Yes, more or less. Not all the girls liked sewing and knitting.

Why did you do that?
--Because my mum taught me and I liked it.

If you could, which thing or things would have you changed?
--I would have liked to have more free time, not only for playing but for going more to school.

What is your opinion about the way young people spend their free time nowadays?
--I think that you don’t have enough imagination because you can’t enjoy yourselves without computer, TV, mobile phone…You need spend a lot of money to have fun.

Conclusion:

In the past my grandmother hadn’t got the same way of enjoying themselves me because her way of living was very different from mine.

Of course, I prefer my way of life.

by Andres Santos Fernández, 1º BACH A

No comments: