4/19/09

Leisure activities in the past and now / Adriana Feijóo

Nowadays we know that our way of spending our free time is completely different from our parents’ or our grandparents’.

It’s fantastic to listen our grandparents’ stories about what they did when they where young because it is so different to our leisure activities that we want to know more about that, what activities they used to do and what they think about our activities now.

When I asked my grandfather about his childhood, he told me that everything was better than now because he used to play outside, in the countryside, they breathed clean air, there wasn’t a bad relationship among friends like now, and they were more sociable.

I think that it’s because nowadays a lot of young people spend their free time playing video games or in the computer and this way you don’t develop your social skills.

But on the other hand, we also do activities like playing billiards, playing basketball or dancing that are good to spend our time with friends and that is really enjoyable.

My grandfather says that it’s also true that now we have a lot of activities after school and that means that we don’t have so much free time, and that time we are tired and we prefer being at home or going to the cinema instead of doing other activities.

Perhaps our way of life has changed a lot but most young people still prefer spending their time playing with friends, doing sport, going to the park, listening to music or cooking together, to playing video games at home.

I admit that I love chatting with my friends at nights but if I had to choose between living with a PC all my life or spending only a week with my friends on a trip, of course I would choose the trip.

Adriana María Feijóo Morenza, 1º BACH E

No comments: